According to a recent Gallup-Healthways poll:
- about 1 in 2 Americans suffer from some type of chronic pain.
- 31% of American adults report chronic back/neck pain
- 26% report a leg/knee condition, and 18% have another type of chronic pain.
- 47% report 1 or 2 types of the pain listed above
- 7% report experiencing all three types of the pain listed above.
These data suggest that the occurrence of chronic pain among the nation's adult population is much higher than most people realize. Chronic pain is also often caused by a traumatic injury, such as ones that result from a car crash or slip-and-fall. If you have pain that persists more than 6 months, it is often considered chronic and may require a lifetime of medical care and expenses. In those situations, it may be prudent to consult with an attorney if you have chronic pain that has resulted from an injury due to the fault of another.
For more information on Attorney Doug Stoehr and his central Pennsylvania personal injury practice, please visit his website or call him at 814-946-4100.